Before you read this entire post, keep in mind that I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to sewing! I have sooooo much more to learn! But I am loving this new hobby of mine! Do you think Jeff would build me a sewing room to go along with my scrapbook room?!?! I know better than to ask!!
It seems that lately I have been surrounded by pregnant family members and friends!!! So I have been trying my hand at sewing baby gifts!!! They are way too fun and addicting! This weekend was a baby shower for my dear friend Cris. She is pregnant with her third child. Her first two are boys and this one is a girl!!!!! As you can imagine, this shower was filled with pink! Baby Larkin in going to be one spoiled little girl (as it should be!!)
This is what I created for Little Miss Larkin!!

Now, it was my FIRST time making a bib and a burp cloth - just keep that in mind and don't inspect too closely! I have made 2 more bibs since and they turned out MUCH better!!!!
My new favorite this to make is sensory blankets! I have made them in all different sizes with a variety of fabric types. My obsession for ribbon has come in handy with these!!!!

This is a small burp cloth!

And this one could be a lap blanket or a larger burp rag or a changing blanket! Whatever it is they need at the moment!!!
It seems that lately I have been surrounded by pregnant family members and friends!!! So I have been trying my hand at sewing baby gifts!!! They are way too fun and addicting! This weekend was a baby shower for my dear friend Cris. She is pregnant with her third child. Her first two are boys and this one is a girl!!!!! As you can imagine, this shower was filled with pink! Baby Larkin in going to be one spoiled little girl (as it should be!!)
This is what I created for Little Miss Larkin!!

Now, it was my FIRST time making a bib and a burp cloth - just keep that in mind and don't inspect too closely! I have made 2 more bibs since and they turned out MUCH better!!!!
My new favorite this to make is sensory blankets! I have made them in all different sizes with a variety of fabric types. My obsession for ribbon has come in handy with these!!!!

This is a small burp cloth!

And this one could be a lap blanket or a larger burp rag or a changing blanket! Whatever it is they need at the moment!!!
I cannot tell you how much fun I am having while I learn how to sew! Stay tuned for more sewing goodness in the next few weeks!!!
what lucky friends you have danielle!! they look AWESOME.. if you saw something III made.. that would look amateur-ish! thinking of you daily & hoping you are doing well! :)
ReplyDelete