Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello Kitty Outfit

I recently made a little outfit for one of Kennedy's friends for her birthday. The little gal loves Hello Kitty! So Kennedy picked out some Hello Kitty fabric and I sewed away!

I am going to share a very basic tutorial for you (if you can even call it a tutorial) ....this was a fairly simple outfit!

Supplies:
basic tee
1/2 yd main fabric
1/2 yd coordinating fabric
1/8 yd coordinating fabric
Heat n Bond (sewable)
Basic sewing supplies


I just traced a heart onto my white fabric. And did the same thing with the polka dot fabric.

Then follow the instructions on the Heat n Bond package to adhere them to your t-shirt.
Because I don't have an embroidery machine, I just used a tight zigzag stitch around the hearts.
I made the Hello Kitty fabric "flower", added a button to the front and a pin to the back. I pinned it to the shirt but it can really be placed anywhere!

The skirt was easy, too! I measured on Miss K how long I wanted the skirt and added about an inch. For the width I just used selvage to selvage. I then cut a strip from the polka dot fabric that was about 4 inches long and from selvage to selvage. The polka dot fabric was folded in half and sewn to the bottom of the skirt. Next the entire skirt was folded in half and I sewed along the edge to create the seam. I folded the top edge over and sewed to create a casing for the elastic, inserted the elastic, sewed it off and finished up the casing. Viola!


I hope she enjoys it!

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin