Sunday, October 4, 2009

19 Months

Today Sam would be 19 months old.

Last weekend Kennedy and I went to the cemetery and cleaned things up a bit. We pulled weeds around the teddy bear and wooden cross. I had planned to replace the white flowers with orange ones. Kennedy decided we needed to keep the white ones - so she placed them by one of his shepherd's hooks! We also brought him a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.
I think Kennedy is finally realizing what the cemetery really is. I am so thankful that she isn't scared of it at all. We always walk around and she loves to ask about the names on the headstones. She loves to run everywhere!
I wanted to share a song with you all. I have been hearing it quite a bit lately on the radio - not sure why since it was on their album in 2004. Either way, I relate to so very much of it. It is "Homesick" by Mercy Me.

The song starts with:
You’re in a better place, I’ve heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I’ve rejoiced for you
But the reason why I’m broken the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I really feel this way about Sam. I have felt joy many, many times knowing he is safe in Heaven, knowing that he will never feel the pain of Earthly sin, knowing he didn't have to suffer. How wonderful it must have been to be welcomed into Heaven!!! But at the same time, I cry. I miss him. I miss him a lot. I grieve the memories we will never make together. And I often wonder how long it will be until I reunite with him in Heaven. I realize for him, 50 years is nothing in comparison with eternity! But should I be given a long life here on Earth, it will feel like such a very long time until I get to see Sam again!!!

Anyway, I am sharing the music video for this song, as well as the full lyrics. Enjoy.




homesick

You’re in a better place, I’ve heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I’ve rejoiced for you
But the reason why I’m broken the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home’s where my heart is then I’m out of place
Lord won’t you give me strength to make it through somehow
I‘ve never been more homesick than now


Help me Lord because I don’t understand Your ways
The reason why I wonder if I’ll ever know
But even if You showed me the hurt would be the same
Because I’m still here so far away from home

Chorus


In Christ there are no goodbyes
In Christ there is no end
So I’ll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again

Chorus

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! Can you please email me with your email address so I can share that with wild Olive tees? My email address is on my side bar.

    THANKS! and CONGRATS!
    Lynnette
    Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way... I just read this post and I want to say how sorry I am that you lost a baby. We both have Samuel's waiting in heaven for us. :) I love that song that you posted. It was a great comfort to me many many times after my daughter Anna died. It made me cry every time, but in a good way I think. Therapeutic cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How touched I was by your blog and your post...Just have an hour or so to blog hop tonight....

    Hope you will visit my Christmas blog...http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
    A great giveaway is on for the entire month of OCT...and all it takes is a comment...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin