Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A More Beautiful You

I just feel the need to post the lyrics to this song today. This song is so touching.



My baby girl is visiting family out of state while I am at my first week back at work. Gosh I miss her! I have been hearing this song on K-Love almost everyday and it just tugs on my heart strings - probably because I was that 14yr old in the song AND because I am a mother. Being a junior high teacher, I witness so much angst in young girls' hearts. They are desperate for attention and approval, and quite often go about getting it in a very, very negative and destructful way. Too many teenage girls in my school do not know the love of Jesus and the power of his amazing love for them. If only someone would have told them sooner. If only they could have had a relationship with Him before they reach the treacherous tightrope that is puberty. I wish I had really had a relationship with my Heavenly Father as a teen.



Raising Kennedy to know her Father and to trust in Him is one of my most important jobs.

Proverbs 22:6 "Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it." NLV

Deuteronomy6:6-9 "hese commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. "NIV

I know I am not perfect at this all important job, but there is really no such thing as perfection, right?!



Each time I hear this song I pray that Kennedy will not have to learn the hard way. I pray that she will know her abundant worth, that she will know the world is empty without Him, that she will know He made her for a sacred purpose, that she will know THE TRUTH. I pray that she won't bow to popular culture, peer pressure and the like. Oh how I pray these things from the depth of my being!!!!





More Beautiful You - Johnny Diaz


Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazine
Says she wants to look that way
But her hair isn’t straight her body isn’t fake
And she’s always felt overweight

Well little girl fourteen I wish that you could see
That beauty is within your heart
And you were made with such care your skin your body and your hair
Are perfect just the way they are

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don’t buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you

Little girl twenty-one the things that you’ve already done
Anything to get ahead
And you say you’ve got a man but he’s got another plan
Only wants what you will do instead

Well little girl twenty-one you never thought that this would come
You starve yourself to play the part
But I can promise you there’s a man whose love is true
And he’ll treat you like the jewel you are

So turn around you’re not too far
To back away be who you are
To change your path go another way
It’s not too late you can be saved
If you feel depressed with past regrets
The shameful nights hope to forget
Can disappear they can all be washed away
By the one who’s strong can right your wrongs
Can rid your fears dry all your tears
And change the way you look at this big world
He will take your dark distorted view
And with His light He will show you truth
And again you’ll see through the eyes of a little girl

Here is the video for this song...



Here is Johnny talking about the song....




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this song. I have not heard it before. Being the mother of two young girls this song hits close to home. I am definitely going to show it to my 10 year old and ask her what her thoughts are about the song.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and for the kind words you left.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin