Monday, August 24, 2009

El alfabeto en español

As you know, I am back to the grind....teaching junior high Spanish again for a few months! I am loving it - at times it seems I almost never took 18 months off!!! I am enjoying my students and trying some new techniques and strategies this year! :) I love the creativity that teaching affords me!

Anyway, Kennedy has become more interested in Spanish lately. She has known her numbers and some colors for quite awhile, but now wants to know more! (I know I should have started with her as an infant....I do regret it sometimes). Last week she asked what my students had learned that day. So I sang her a song about the Spanish alphabet! I love to use music in my classroom and the students seem to enjoy it too - both cheesy, educational songs AND contemporary rock and pop songs!

Anyway...one of my students told me today that she found "our" Spanish alphabet song on You Tube and practiced it all weekend! Being that YouTube is blocked at school, I had to look it up when I got home today! I played it for Kennedy and she was having fun trying to repeat it and figure out the letters!!! Next time I will need the video camera out! But she learned a few letters!!

I just thought I would share this Spanish Alphabet song with you all!!! LOL! It really is terribly cheesy and annoying, but you might get a kick out of it! Oh, and remember that I listen to this song 15 times a day while we learn the alphabet!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!



OH!!! I almost forgot! Today Kennedy told Debbie (our daycare provider) that when she grows up she wants to be a Mommy and maybe a Spanish teacher! That made me giggle!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!!
    If you like, come back and visit mine: http://albumdeestampillas.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Pablo from Argentina

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin